Passengers are able to check in for the flights on Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, and Air Canada Express by wielding any of the discussed methods:
- Air Canada web check-in
- Mobile App check-in
- Kiosk check-in
- Airport Counter check-in
Air Canada checking in online
The Air Canada online check-in initiates 1 day from the flight departure.
- One must get to the airport at least 90 minutes before flight departure.
- Get the boarding pass in hand and put it in the luggage at least 45 minutes before departure.
- Reach the boarding gate half an hour before the departure.
Check-in Air Canada from and to the U.S:
- Reach the airport at least 120 minutes from departure (Three hours on the departure of the flight from Toronto Pearson).
- Get the boarding pass and deposit bags 1 hour prior to departure.
- Reaching the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to the flight departure.
On International flights (including Mexico and the Caribbean):
- Get to the airport at least 3 hours prior to the flight departure.
- Having the boarding pass collected and luggage deposited 1 hour before flight departure and at least 90 minutes if departure is from Toronto Pearson.
- Arrive at the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure.
Note: This timing is the same for the Air Canada check-in app.
Air Canada check-in times through the Kiosk center
Within Canada the time begins:
- Arrive at the airport, 90 minutes before the flight departure.
- Collect the boarding pass and deposit baggage at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure and before 20 minutes if flying from Toronto Pearson.
- Reach the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to the flight departure.
From and to the United States:
- Arrive at least two hours at the airport prior to flight departure and 3 hours before departure from Toronto Pearson.
- Get the boarding pass and deposit the Air Canada check-in baggage at least 1 hour before the scheduled departure.
- Must reach the boarding gate 30 minutes prior to the flight departure.
Air Canada check-in international flights (comprising the Caribbean and Mexico):
- Reach the airport at least 3 hours before the flight departure.
- Collect the boarding pass and deposit bags less than 1 hour from departure (90 minutes if departure is from Toronto Pearson).
- Arrive at the boarding gate half an hour prior to departure.
Get printed the boarding pass and tag the Air Canada check-in luggage before you deposit them at Baggage Drop-off.
Services on Canada Air check-in
- Buying preferred or standard seats.
- Make payment for the baggage.
- Making changes same-day (if eligible).
- Asking for upgrades through eUpgrade credit or add-ons.
How to perform Air Canada Web check-in
The check-in Canada Air process through the official Air Canada website begins 24 hours before flight departure till the check-in deadline period.
Check-in for Air Canada via the website
The steps are:
- To start with, go to the official website of Air Canada at aircanada.com
- Click on ‘Check-in’ tab.
- In order to access the booked flight, one need to enter the flight number or confirmation number, ticket number, surname of the passenger.
- Select the button on ‘Check in’.
- Once checked in, it will deliver you with the below stated options:
Print boarding pass.
Receiving boarding pass through email or text.
Print the boarding pass at kiosk check-in/ counter check-in Travelers not eligible for check-in online:
Below flyers are unable (to check in online on Air Canada):
- Flyers with Unaccompanied Minor travel feature.
- Flyers having medical subsidies require a wheelchair.
- Flyers flying with their pets
Air Canada check-in online (for the group)
Air Canada is able to check in 9 travelers at one time.
For check-in in the group, one needs the details below:
- Traveler’s full name.
- A number of check-in baggage per flyer.
- Passengers’ APIS details from and to the United States, Canada, etc. like birth date, resident country, gender, nationality, travel document information, passport number, etc.
Air Canada mobile check-in
Mobile check-in that is accessible opens 1 day prior to the flight departure. Following are the steps on Air Canada how to check in via Mobile App are:
- Launch the mobile app on your device.
- Tap the ‘Check-in’ section.
- Fill in the details below:
City of departure
Then you can go for the desired changes:
- Choose seat
- Enter the checked baggage number after completing the Air Canada check-in baggage process.
- Fill in the email address/mobile number (for the e-boarding pass).
Complete the further check-in process and get the boarding pass in hand.
Air Canada check-in at the kiosk center
Travelers having a confirmed booking can wield self-service kiosks that are available at airports to perform check-in.
The Check-in time begins 12 hours before the scheduled flight departure.
Following are the Air Canada self-service kiosks check-in steps:
- Perform the check-in with the Air Canada procedure.
- Then, print the boarding pass
- Select seat
- Make the Air Canada check-in fee (if required) and on baggage.
- Enter the passport (APIS) information.
- Receive the e-boarding pass on the phone device and it will be done.
Air Canada Check-in FAQ
Passengers can wield the options via the website, mobile app, or at the kiosk center.
Reach the airport at least 3hours before flight departure on international flights.
Arrive at the airport, not less than 90 minutes to check-in for flights within Canada.