Wondering how to check in to Alaska Airlines?
That’s what we brought to you in this article. Make sure to thoroughly read this page till the end.
Methods on Alaska Airline check-in
As per the Alaska Airlines check-in policy, the airline offers various modes that can be wielded in order to check in.
The methods are-
- Online through the website of Alaska Airlines.
- By using Alaska Airlines mobile app (iOS, Android/Amazon)
- At the airport:
Alaska Airlines flight check-in Time
Before we head towards the check-in process, it’s essential to have a clear idea of Alaskan Airlines check-in depending on the method you choose.
Alaska Airlines check-in flight time along with Alaska Airlines check-in deadline
The check-in time of Alaska Airlines differs varying the method used i.e online, through a mobile app, self-service kiosk, and at the airport before departure of the flight.
Alaska Airlines check-in online time
On having a confirmed booking, flyers can check in flights via the official website. The Alaska Airlines online check-in starts:
- International flights: 24 hours- 60 minutes before the departure of the flight and 24 hours to 90 minutes if flying from Guadalajara
- Domestic flights: 24 hours – 40
minutes before flight departure (45 minutes if flying from Salt Lake City, Philadelphia, Portland, Atlanta, Las Vegas, and Denver).
- If the departure of a flight is from Dillingham or King Salmon, then the flyer needs to check in baggage at least 1 hour before the flight departs.
Alaska Airlines check-in time through Mobile App
Passengers can wield the Alaska Airlines mobile app in order to check in flight.
The Alaska Airlines check-in time initiates for:
- International flights: 24 hours- 60 minutes before scheduled flight departure (and 90 minutes if flying from Guadalajara).
- Domestic flights: The time begins 24 hours-40 minutes before flight departure. Whereas it’s 24 hours to 45 minutes while flying from Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Portland, Denver, and Philadelphia.
- If the flight departure is from King Salmon/Dillingham, then check-in baggage must be done at least 1 hour before flight departure.
Alaska Airlines flights check-in time at Airport Kiosk
Travelers can even check in at the airport kiosk as stated below:
- If flying with carry-on baggage: till 40 minutes from the flight departure.
- If paying for the checked baggage: it is till 4 hours prior to departure.
Check-in Alaska Airline flight time at Airport Counter or Desk
Checking-in at the airport begins:
- On International flights: 4 hours-45 minutes prior to flight departure (4 hours to 90 minutes before departure while traveling from Guadalajara).
- On Domestic flights: 4 hours-60 minutes before departure of the flight, (45 minutes for Salt Lake City, Denver, Portland, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, and Atlanta.
- On the departure of a flight from King Salmon/Dillingham, then one must check in baggage at least 1 hour before flight departure.
Alaska Airlines check-in boarding pass time
Passengers must arrive at the gate carrying a valid boarding pass at least 30 minutes before departure of the flight once they are checked in.
How to perform Alaska Airlines web check-in
Flyers who wish to check in online through the official website of Alaska Airline must follow the steps below on Alaska Airlines online check-in:
- Visit at Alaska Airline homepage at AlaskaAir.com.
- Tap on the ‘Check-in’ tab.
- Next, enter the required credentials such as:
City of Departure
Booking confirmation code
Mileage plan number
- Further, hit the button on ‘Check-in’ to finish.
Online check-in also enables passengers to:
- Choose or change seat
- Alaska Airlines check-in baggage and pay for it.
- Making same-day flight change
- Printing baggage tags
- Print the boarding pass.
Alaska Airlines app check-in through Mobile
Below mentioned are the steps to check in through Alaska Airlines mobile app.
- Open the mobile app on device
- Login the account
- Click ‘Check-in’.
- Enter the details required:
- Departure city Confirmation code, ticket number, or Mileage plan number.
It also enables to:
- Pay for the baggage
- Making same-day flight change
- Choose or change seat
- Once checked in, then you can download the mobile boarding pass or you can get the paper boarding pass from the self-service kiosk or at the airport counter.
Alaska Airlines Kiosk Check-in
If traveling with carry-on baggage, then one must check in at the self-service kiosk machine 40 minutes prior to the flight departure.
If paying for checked baggage, then passengers must check in the bags upto 4 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.
At the time of check-in at the kiosk, one may require the following details:
- Passport (for International flights)
- Booking confirmation code.
- The e-ticket number
- Mileage plan number
Passengers can also wield the additional features:
- Print the boarding pass
- Change seat
- Enter/change the mileage number
- Print baggage tags (available at selected airports)
Alaska Airlines Check-in at Airport Desk/Counter
Passengers can also check in directly at the airport counter. Provide the relevant documents by showing the passport and other documents related to traveling.
- Alaska Airlines check-in baggage
- The seat will be assigned to you.
- The boarding pass will be handed to the passenger.
Alaska Airlines Pre-Flight Check-in
Flyers can directly apply for TSA Pre-Check in the program or can even select other DHS Trusted Traveler Program as per their needs.
Hence, that’s all on Alaska Airlines check-in information. If still facing any issues one can reach out the customer service assistance over the phone by dialing Alaska Airlines’ check-in phone number at 1-866-399-0587.