If you want to cancel bookings on Etihad, this blog on Etihad’s cancellation policy will surely help you in doing so. This page includes the overall information that one needs to know while booking a ticket with Etihad.
Etihad Airways’ cancellation policy
- According to Etihad flight cancellation policy, online cancellation on Etihad Airways is a new feature and is accessible to all of Etihad Airways routes.
- Passengers can cancel unused flight tickets for another reservation. As per the policy, flyers may get charged the Etihad cancellation fee.
- For a refund on cancellation, passengers must have a valid ID on the booked ticket.
- Refunds will be initiated to the actual debit/credit card which was employed at the time of purchasing the flight ticket.
- Passengers cannot cancel bookings that are made through cash, invoice, cheque, or another non-electronic mode of payment.
- The cancellation policy of Etihad Airways is effected on the reservations that are booked through etihad.com, by phone, or at the Etihad Airways counter.
- The Etihad cancel flight policy is applicable to all fare regulations ( both limited and unlimited), regardless of the service quality or type of fare selected.
Etihad’s 24-hour cancellation policy
According to Etihad’s cancellation policy 24 hours, ticket cancellation is required to be made within the initial 24 hours of booking.
It offers a full refund on cancellations made within 24 hours of purchasing it and there will be no Etihad flight cancellation fee charged. In addition to this, under the 24-hour cancellation policy, Etihad Airways flyers need to buy tickets at least one week from the departure of the flight.
How do I Cancel Etihad Airways Flight Booking
As per Etihad’s cancelation policy here is how to cancel flight bookings on Etihad.
Here is the process for Etihad Airways cancellation flight online:
- Go to www.etihad.com
- Click on ‘View’ or ‘Modify booking’ under the Manage section.
- Next, enter the booking ID or the ticket number and the surname of the passenger.
- Tap on the ‘Find My Booking’ tab from the listed menu.
- Now, select the flight to cancel.
- Finally, follow the instructions on the screen to cancel the bookings successfully.
- An email on confirmation will be sent to the registered email address.
One may also cancel the flight bookings through the Etihad Airways mobile app.
Cancel Over Phone:
- Dial the Etihad Airways cancellation phone number
- Talk to the agent to cancel the bookings, enquire about the cancellation fee and ask if eligible for a refund.
- Deliver the required information that includes the reservation or ticket number along with the passenger name.
- Ask for a confirmation email on cancellation.
Etihad flight cancellation at Airport:
- Visit the airport from where the departure is scheduled.
- Make a request to cancel at the Etihad flight check-in airport.
- Provide the reservation number or the ticket number to the agent of Etihad Airways.
- Look through the cancellation fee and compensation on the reservation.
- On cancellation, Airline will initiate the refunds through the original method of payment.
Note: One can go to the airport 3 hours before the scheduled flight departure to cancel the bookings.
Cancellation fee Etihad Airways
Depending on booked ticket type and itinerary, the Etihad flight cancellation fee may vary.
Here it is what you need to know about Etihad cancellation fees:
- On cancellation of a flight before 96 hours from the scheduled flight departure, then 10% additional of the ticket price may be charged as a reversal fee by Etihad Airways.
- A fee of $200 may be applied as an Etihad ticket cancellation fee from the passengers after the risk-free window.
Etihad flight cancellation refund Policy
Does Etihad refund cancel flights? Yes, Etihad canceled flight refunds as compensation to its flyers depending on the conditions stated in the policy.
- As per Etihad’s cancellation and refund policy, for a refund on booking, the ticket must be booked through a single card and must be issued at least 5 days from the flight departure.
- Refunds are not reversible.
- The refund may be displayed in the bank account of the flyers within 14-30 working days.
- No refund is permitted if flyers skip the flight due to some unavoidable reasons without informing the airline. The flight bookings will get assumed as dropouts.
- According to Etihad’s cancellation refund policy, on canceling less than 24 hours after purchasing the ticket, passengers will be eligible for a full refund.
- According to the Etihad ticket cancellation refund policy, the refund amount will rely on ticket class type, destination, and time of cancellation.
- Etihad Business Class cancellation tickets are eligible for a full refund.
- Non-refundable tickets are not eligible for a refund but may attain travel vouchers for future bookings.
- Canceling flights due to the COVID-19 pandemic, one may receive a full refund.
- Upon Etihad Airways flight cancellation due to the death of a passenger or his relative may receive compensation but need to provide valid documents to the airline.
Etihad cancels ticket policy on U.S Flight
Passengers are able to deliver full refunds upon fulfilling the below requirements in accordance with Etihad Airway cancellation policy in the U.S-
- Flights booked to and from the U.S at least a week before the scheduled departure.
- Canceling flights within 24 hours of making the bookings.
- Ticket purchased from Etihad Airways department under the United States.
Etihad Covid cancellation policy
- When a flight is accessible at the time of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is essential to learn the safety rules summarized under Etihad Cancellation Policy Covid-19. If not followed, the airline may delay or revoke flight bookings.
- So in order to prevent such circumstances, passengers may be compelled to wear masks at the airport.
- Passengers can go through the official website of the airline to attain and discern the safety rules or may even talk to its customer operating team over the phone.
Etihad’s cancel policy is an inclusive feature that aims to meet the passenger’s requirement to a broad range over every nation. The policy has maximum flexibility under the Etihad 24 hr cancellation policy.
Thus, passengers can go for his/her flight cancel bookings whenever they feel the need as per requirements.