Air France’s change name policy aims to deliver the flyers with every possibility of assistance when dealing with making corrections on flight tickets or on name updation at mid-travel with a minimal charge. This article contains guidelines that are affiliated with corrections in name, request type for changing name, a method for request, etc.
Rules on Air France ticket name change
As stated by Air France change name on ticket policy, passengers are permitted to a name change, middle name, last name, or any or the entire combination. It will be applicable in situations where travelers require a legal change.
Except in legal situations, Air France won’t permit changing names from one flyer to another once the booking is done as tickets are not transferable.
In such cases, passengers are required to cancel the booked ticket and further rebook it with the details of the new flyer.
- The name mentioned on the flight ticket must be exactly as that on the passport or any government-issued ID.
- On minor corrections such as a name misspelled, will be charged only the (name correction fee).
- Under Legal Name Change on Air France Flight Ticket, legal change name ( marriage/divorce) needs valid documents such as a certificate of marriage, court orders, divorce decree, and Change name legal affidavit.
- The rest of the changes like birth date and gender will not be assessed under Air France’s change passenger name policy.
- The airline won’t allow name changes of flyers or corrections for the flight on the codeshare agreement.
- After check-in, the airline won’t permit passengers’ name changes or corrections on the ticket.
Request for Air France name change
According to the name change Air France policy, the airline permits the following error corrections:
- Correction on first name or middle name, which can be done over the phone. The change fee and difference in fare may be applied.
- Correction on the last name, the same can be attained through the section of ‘Manage Booking’ of Air France airline. Changes requiring more than three characters will be deemed under the Air France change name on booked ticket policy.
- Addition of last name.
How to Change Passenger Name on Air France
For any sort of typo error correction in the first name or last name, travelers are required to access the flight bookings on the official website of the airline. On changing the name under legal cause, one must dial the customer support phone number of the airline.
How to change your name on Air France Online
Flyers can make requests to change names through the manage booking tab. A fee for change and difference in fare will be applied.
The steps to follow are:
- Visit at www.airfrance.com
- Locate the section of ‘My Booking’
- Enter the booking PNR number or the e-ticket number and the last name of the passenger.
- Choose the name where correction is required to be made.
- Next, click on the ‘Correct passenger’s name’ button.
- Now, type in the correct name of the passenger in the given box.
- On completion of the payment, a confirmation email will be sent by the airline to your registered email address with the new e-ticket containing the correct name of the passenger.
Change Name on Air France ticket through Offline
Correction offline can be achieved through three methods:
- Over the Phone (Talking to customer service regarding the query of name change)
- At the Airport, Air France Ticket Counter
- At the kiosk tower. The change may incur a fee along with the difference in fare.
Name Correction Policy—Correct Your Name in Time
Policy on Air France air ticket name change states as passengers is permitted to make correction on the initials, middle, and title because of any typo error.
- The request for correction in the name needs the re-issuance of the ticket.
- For name correction, it needs an additional fee and also the difference in fare.
- Adding of second last name so as to match the passenger’s passport or ID is assessed.
- While making corrections on the name, it is important to provide a valid document like a photo ID or passport in support of the made request.
Air France change the booking name Fee
Air France’s name change fee policy states a separate fee will be charged by the airline for name change and name correction.
The change fee will vary depending on service class and type of fare varying between US$20 – US$50.
To get more details regarding the change fee, reach out to the customer support team.
Hence, we hope this article has benefited the reader. Air France permits change in spelling of the first name or last name if the fare rules allow, provided a change in the name needs to be finalized 3 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure.